Monday, August 21, 2006

Mirchi Ka Salan and a Movie

The start to the weekend was almost perfect. Started early with a fabulous potluck dinner at KS and Sumi's place. The paneer king (aka KS) had prepared a vegetable biryani..hyderabadi style. Guess who gave him the recipe K...haha (you must have seen the proud look K had when on fone with him!) It was a vegetarian version of K's egg biryani (will make the post the next time he makes it!). We made mirchi ka salan in true hyderabadi fashion. Thanks Mu for introducing us to the nawabi khana.













Mirchi Ka Salan - Blanched green chillies in a spicy/tangy sauce
goes very well with Rotis and Biryani's alike
Recipe from Saroj's Cookbook of Bawarchi



Dessert was a marble-slab style mix of pineapple-coconut and chocolate-chocolate chip on a wafer cone... truly yumm... (will post pics)

Friday night Mu dragged us to a Telugu movie without subtitles..Bommarillu. Suprisingly I followed almost 70% of the movie (maybe cos the lead actor was a tam speaking telugu -Siddharth)....anyway all 3 of us loved the movie. It was clean entertainer...with simple story line. What a contrast to the over hyped and torturous Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna. No I didn't make the mistake of watching the movie. I merely heard a horrifying account of my friend's experience watching the movie and my faith in Karan Johar's incapability as a director is reaffirmed. As I told my friend, I realized that my dislike for Karan Johar, Shah Rukh and Preity Zinta put together is many more times than my liking for Abhishek and Rani. Sorry guys....but who asked you to act under his direction??

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

Shubha Ravikoti said...

Hey first time to ur blog....:) Its awesome... Somehow ur recipes and ur connection to mumbai, hyd, tamil and telugu... relates soooo much to me...:) I am gonna add ur blog to my blog list...:) the salan and all the other recipes look awesome :)